Just a few years ago, the idea of uploading content to Instagram straight from your computer sounded like a pipe dream. Recent Instagram improvements have made it possible to post videos created on your computer, including Instagram Reels, to your feed.
Despite the fact that Instagram only allowed posts from iOS and Android devices at first. Now, Instagram users may share photos and videos from their desktop computers, whether they’re running Mac OS X or Windows. (perfect for anyone who is batching their content creation or wanting to streamline their content creation workflows).
Here, you’ll learn all you need to know to master the Instagram desktop app. We’ve also included some of our favourite methods for getting material from your PC into Instagram without any hiccups.
Instagram’s Video Guidelines
However, before you start uploading your Reels or videos to Instagram, there are a few things you should know. The Instagram video dimensions and requirements for the year 2023 are outlined below.
- There is a 60 second time limit on the playback.
- There shouldn’t be more than 30 frames per second.
- There shouldn’t be more than 1080 pixels across.
- MP4 is the preferred format.
- There is a 1:91 aspect ratio in landscape mode.
- There is a 1:1 aspect ratio in this square.
- The ratio of the height to the width is 4:5.
- That being said, are you prepared to dive in? Come on, then.
Making Your Own Reel: A Guide
One of the most important aspects of expanding one’s business on Instagram is producing content. Making your audience laugh and learn about your company is a certain way to keep them interested and thinking about you when it comes time to make a purchase.
In addition, your company’s visibility will increase as a leader or authority in your industry if you publish material often. You may raise your visibility and the likelihood that your Instagram content will go viral by including Reels into your approach.
With Instagram’s recent change to a full-screen feed, it’s more important than ever to focus on making dynamic, vertical video content, aka Instagram Reels!
Here is a simple Reel-making guide with just 10 steps:
- Launch Instagram on your mobile device (iPhone or Android) or computer.
- The Reels button may be found in the screen’s centre.
- Or Select “story” from the Instagram menu bar.
- Select “reel” from the menu at the bottom left.
- You may either take a video from within Instagram or select one from your device’s storage.
- Use these pre-recording tools to get the most out of your first reel. Pick some catchy tunes or load one from your computer.
- You may customise the length of your reel, alter the tempo of your clips, and apply various effects.
- When you’re ready, hit the record button and keep it pressed. When the timer goes off, the video will start recording. After you’re done recording, you can delete or edit the footage.
- Personalize your reel with stickers, doodles, and text.
- Now you can write a description, use a hashtag, and post your video to your Instagram feed.
Advice on Making Instagram Videos
Here are two quick tips that can increase the quality of your Instagram posts and the professionalism of your Reels:
Your own personal photo album can be used to replace the default cover. Choose Profile Grid under the Add from Camera Roll menu of Edit Cover.
High-Quality Uploads must be activated in the settings. (this ensures your videos are always crisp and clear).
Sharing Instagram Highlight Reels on a Computer
Here’s the part you’ve all been waiting for: sharing Instagram videos. (without using the mobile app).
You don’t need a mobile device to post your Reels and video material; rather, you may use one of several alternative methods.
Let’s weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each of these choices.
Instagram’s Browser-Based Version
Creators and businesses may now post content from any computer with an internet connection with the latest Instagram desktop improvements. To help you get going, here is a brief primer.
- To begin, head over to Instagram.com. Next, proceed with your regular login.
- To log in, at which point you’ll be able to access your feed, stories, and the button selections in the upper right.
- Select the “+” button. Captions and hashtags can be added to the photographs here.
- You may now add tags, your location, alternate text, and access to more complex options.
- Upload your movies to Instagram.
Uploading Video to Instagram: Best Practices
Informative Reels allow you to tell a tale or impart your expertise to others in a variety of ways, such as by listing some current industry news, your hot tip of the month, or a client or customer success story.
Think about the sound (music and sound effects may transport your audience): The audio component is what makes reels so effective; they are essentially 30-second short films. Choose sound that conjures up an image in the mind of the listener.
Make something that will never go out of date, or “evergreen.” Content like “How-to guides” or “FAQs” fits this category since it can always be useful to readers and can be recycled in the future.
How Instagram Reels Can Help Your Company Expand
Instagram has evolved from a simple photo-sharing app to a powerful marketing tool with many useful options for expanding one’s business. Using Instagram to expand your business has a million and one advantages in 2023. Since it would be impossible to describe all of Reel’s advantages, we’ll just highlight a few of our favourites.
- Raising brand awareness in an interesting way.
- raises the amount of interaction from your followers.
- raises your post’s profile with hashtags and the Explore Page.
- Describes the character of the company.
- Establish credibility to connect with your target market.